Phone number 1: +381 11 3282 111
Phone number 2: +381 11 2184 330
Fax: +381 11 2638 785
Address: 12-16 Studentski trg, Belgrade
Dean: Prof. Dr. Goran Roglić
The modern Faculty of Chemistry, an institution of the Belgrade University, developed from "Licej" (Lyceum) (1838-1863) and "Velika škola" (Advanced School) (1863-1905). "Licej" had two classes at first: Philosophical and Legal. In 1853 a new class was formed at "Licej" - it was a scientific-technical class which, among other branches of science, started studying chemistry. The first chemistry professor was Mihailo Rašković (1827-1872). In 1853 he started teaching inorganic and organic chemistry and chemical technology and conducting practice work in the chemistry laboratory which he had set up earlier the same year. If professorship, regular tuition, a laboratory and a modest library can be regarded as the minimum which defines a department, then the year 1853 can be considered as the year when the Department of Chemistry was founded - the antecedent of the modern Faculty of Chemistry.
2898 students have graduated from the Faculty since its foundation to this day. 97 specialists, 345 Masters of Sciences and 204 PhDs obtained their degrees at the Faculty.
Four professors of the Faculty of Chemistry are members of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts.